Research Advisory Board
University governance research benefits from support from FGRE's Research Advisory Board (RAB) of experienced practitioners who provide independent advice on projects. Their aim is to preserve a proper balance between scholastic and practical output and ensure the relevance for the economy and society.
FGRE is currently assembling a Reforming Banking Governance RAB. This research adopts an interdisciplinary and integrated approach, exploring the implications for governance, regulation and culture from a range of ownership and business models.
The RAB so far includes:
- Chris Leslie, former Citibank Vice President, director and head of financial services at Whitehead Mann plc, and currently senior advisor/associate partner at Zygos. (Chairman)
- Alan Brown, former director of Schroders plc and Governor of the Welcome Trust
- Sir Bryan Nicholson, former CBI President, company chairman and director and chairman of the Financial Reporting Council.
- Sir Anthony Salz, former senior partner of the law firm Freshfields, Vice Chairman of Rothschild & Co, and author of the Salz Review of Barclays business practices.
- Professor John Mellor (sitting as a non-independent member).
A company limited by guarantee No. 4396150 and Registered Charity No. 1124053 ( England and Wales )