Banking Governance and Research
FGRE has assembled a Research Advisory Board (RAB) engaged with research on reforming bank governance. The research adopts an interdisciplinary and integrated approach, exploring the implications for governance, regulation and culture from a range of ownership and business models. It is directed by Professor Mellor and is based on preliminary studies conducted at board level.
The RAB includes:
- Chris Leslie, former Citibank Vice President, director and head of financial services at Whitehead Mann plc, and currently senior advisor/associate partner at Zygos. (Chairman)
- Alan Brown, former director of Schroders plc and Governor of the Welcome Trust
- Sir Bryan Nicholson, former CBI President, company chairman and director and chairman of the Financial Reporting Council.
- Sir Anthony Salz, former senior partner of the law firm Freshfields, currently Vice Chairman of Rothschild & Co, and author of the Salz Review of Barclays business practices.
- Carol Sergeant CBE, currently non-executive director and chairman of the Risk Committees at Danske Bank Group and Tullett Prebon plc. Also chairman of the whistleblower charity, Public Concern at Work. A former Chief Risk Officer of Lloyds Banking Group, Managing Director at the Financial Services Authority, and Head of Major Banks Supervision at the Bank of England.
- Professor John Mellor (sitting as a non-independent member).
A company limited by guarantee No. 4396150 and Registered Charity No. 1124053 ( England and Wales )